Renewable energy, automotive and classic culture
The focus of the tour is based on current issues such as renewable energy, automobile industry and the integration of immigrants, using the German example. All this without forgetting the cultural richness that characterizes the country, and enjoying the vibrant art scene. We will have the unique opportunity to see the opening concert of the Bach Festival.
We will end the tour going back to tradition and enjoying a Bavarian experience at the Höfbräuhaus in Munich, where we end our trip
Day 1 - Arrival in Hamburg test
Arrival in Hamburg. Meet your local tour director and transfer to hotel in Pinneberg. Dinner at a local restaurant. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 – Pinneberg
Program t.b.a. Dinner at a local restaurant and overnight in Pinneberg.
Day 3 - Pinneberg - Bremerhaven
In the morning you will have a guided tour (approx. 2 hours) “Der Wind” at the Seaside City Bremerhaven, the center for Offshore-Wind-Energy. The tour takes you along the various production sites for rotor blades, nacelles, steel foundations as well as the off-shore security centers including the Fraunhofer Institute IWES, one of the world’s largest testing facilities, which examines the resilience and the deformation of rotor blades. Time for individual lunch and in the afternoon you will visit the Auswandererhaus in Bremerhaven – the German Emigration Center. The visit will last about 2 hours. In the afternoon transfer back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4 - Bremerhaven - Lüneburg - Berlin
Leave your hotel after breakfast and travel to Lüneburg. The local guide will show you the beauty of the fascinating, medieval,1500 years old town, with the famous University Leuphana. Continue to Berlin in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5 – Tuesday: Berlin
Enjoy a guided tour of Germany’s Capital. See the Reichstags Building (visit of the cupola is subject to availability) and the government district, the city gate Brandeburger Tor, Potsdamer Platz, Checkpoint Charlie, The Museum island, Humboldt Box, Alexanderplatz and the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church in the western part of the city. In between lunch at a local restaurant. Overnight stay in Berlin.
Day 6 - Berlin - Wittenberg - Weimar
After breakfast leave Berlin and carry on to Wittenberg. Welcome to the city of the Reformation, the work-place of Martin Luther, Philipp Melanchthon, Johannes Bugenhagen, the artists Lucas Cranach the Elder and the Younger and many others, UNESCO World Heritage since 1996. Come with us to visit the largest Museum of the History of the Reformation in the world and be awed by the historical flair of this town. In 1996 the Luther sites in Wittenberg were added to the UNESCO World Heritage.
Day 7 - Weimar - Eisenach - Leipzig
Breakfast at the hotel. Follow your guide in the footsteps of Goethe, Schiller, Liszt and other famous celebreties of art, music and culture. Afterwards continue to Eisenach, another UNESCO World Heritage. Your guide will show you 850 years of history which you will experience through beautiful buildings from various epochs and through stories of famous personalities. Martin Luther lived here for three years as a school boy and later on for another 300 days on Wartburg Castle. Wartburg Castle inspired Wagner to write his opera “Tannhäuser” and Goethe often visited Eisenach. “The area is overwhelming”, he wrote to Charlotte von Stein in 1777, and Luther called it the “beloved city”. Continue to Leipzig in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight stay at your hotel.
Day 8 - Leipzig
It was in Leipzig where Luther made his speech in St. Thomas’ Church in 1539, calling for the Reformation. During a guided tour you can see St Thomas’ Church, the old Council House ‘Altes Rathaus’ with its Muse-um of the History of Leipzig, St Nikolai’s Church, Bach Museum, the university library and custody, the concert hall ‘Gewandhaus’ and the exhibition Zeitgeschichtliches Forum. In the afternoon you will attend the opening concert of the BAch Festival at Thomaskirche in Leipzig. Afterwards dinner at the Auerbach Keller. Overnight in Leipzig.
Day 9 - Leipzig - Nuremberg - Munich
Early breakfast at the hotel and travel to Nuremberg, the first city of the Reich to introduce the Reformation in 1525. Places to see are ‘Kaiserburg’ castle, the Albrecht-Duerer-House, the renaissance City Chambers and the beautiful buildings in the medieval town. Afterwards visit of the Documentation Center before you continue to Munich for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 10 - Munich
Munich has a lot to offer for all ages and tastes. During a guided walking tour you will see the the historic city centre with the Residence Palace, the Cathedral Church of our Lady, the Opera House, Marienplatz – don’t miss to see the Glockenspiel (Carillon) in the new Town Hall Tower. The Munich carillon is the largest one in Germany. When the mechanism is activated (at 11 am, noon and 5 pm), brightly coloured figures in enamelled copper emerge. The morning ends with the visit of the BMW Museum. In the afternoon you will visit the Deutsches Museum. Dinner at the famous Hofbräuhaus, overnight stay in Munich.
Day 11 - Return journey
Depending on your departure flight time you will be transferred to Munich International Airport for your return flight.
Board and Accommodation:
- 10x bed and buffet breakfast in the a/m or equivalent 3 and/or 4 stars hotels
- 5x dinner at the hotel
- 3x dinner at a local restaurant (Leipzig and Munich)
- 1x lunch at a local restaurant Berlin
Transport and Transfers:
- Transfers In/Out and circular tour in modern tour coach with air-conditioning and WC.
- 1x 24 h ticket for public transportation in Berlin
- 1x local coach for the “wind tour” in Bremerhaven (only local coaches are allowed to enter in the cargo port)
English speaking tour guide as follows:
Full-day logistical guide from day 1 to day 10 incl. accommodation (in a single bedroom), meals (full-board), phone and travel expenses
Local English speaking tour guides as follows:
- 1x local guide for a 1,5 h hours wind tour in Bremerhaven
- 1x local guide for 2 hours sightseeing of Lüneburg
- 1x local guide for 4 hours sightseeing of Berlin
- 1x local guide for 3 hours sightseeing of Wittenberg
- 1x local guide for 2 hours sightseeing of Weimar
- 1x local guide for 1,5 hours sightseeing of Nuremberg
- 1x local guide for 2 hours sightseeing of Munich
- Entrance to Immigration Museum Bremerhaven
- Entrance to Castle Church, Luther House and Cranach Höfe in Wittenberg
- Entrance to Bach Museum in Leipzig
- Bach Festival Opening Concert (Tickets Category 3)
- Entrance to Reichsparteitagsgelände Documentation in Nuremberg
- Deutsches Museum Munich (entrance and guided highlights tour – 2 hours)
- BMW Museum in Munich
Your Tour Includes:
- Land Transportation in modern air-conditioned tour coach
- Local guides for major attractions and city tours
- Accommodations (double and single occupancy) in selected 3 and four star Hotels
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Admission to all activities indicated in the itinerary except those listed as optional
- All taxes for provided services
Your Tour Does Not Include:
- Airfare (Please see our link to United.com)
- Meals not indicated on itinerary
- Beverages, except with breakfast
- All tour tips for driver and guide (End of tour gratuity for coach driver and tour guide)
- Personal item fees such as passport fees. (Passport must be valid for 6 months beyond return date.)
- Optional insurance for health, baggage and cancellation. (This insurance is available and recommended. If wanted please contact us.)
- Luggage handling
- Related taxes, fees and fuel charges