HOLLYWOOD IN GERMANY
Hollywood in Germany!
A movie trip through Germany
This trip takes you on a cinematic journey through time! Travel to Potsdam, where you will meet the German version of Hollywood, the Babelsberg Studios – one of the oldest movie studios in the world. Tour this expansive park where feature films, like “The Grand Budapest Hotel”, are still made today.
Then travel onward to Munich, another city in Germany filled with a vibrant cinema scene. On the way there, you stop in Görlitz where movies like “the reader”, “In 80 days around the world” and “The Grand Budapest Hotel” where maid and the wonderful City Dresden. The City of August the strong and his treasure.
In Munich, you will visit Bavaria Film Studios, the site of Alfred Hitchcock’s first film as well as the production site of the instant classic, The Never Ending Story. Finish your journey with a tour of one Munich’s most distinguished breweries and a trip to the castle Neuschwanstein. Almost fantasy, Neuschwanstein has inspired fairy-tales and dreamers alike.
Day 1: Flight USA - Europe
Your Flight from th US to Europe
Day 2: Berlin
Berlin Airport arrival and reception by the tour guide. Transfer to hotel, dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Berlin - Babelsberg
After breakfast, transfer to Babelsberg and tour of the Babelsberg Film Park. Return to Berlin in the late afternoon. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 4: Berlin - Görlitz
Today you will take a city tour on the subject: Making of movies in Berlin – including the classic highlights like Reichstag, Brandenburg Gate, Unter den Linden, Checkpoint Charlie, East Side Gallery, Alexanderplatz, and TV Tower. Late afternoon you drive to Görlitz. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 5: Day program: Görlitz / Zgorzelec
Today you will visit the popular European city, Görlitz. This city has served as a filming location for many movies such as: The Reader, Around the World in 80 Days and Grand Budapest Hotel. You will have a city tour visiting the Görlitzer growth quarter; your itinerary through this historic old town will showcase its rich architectural heritage (Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque), then you will continue on to visit the Holy Grave. In the afternoon there will be a guided tour through the neighboring Polish twin city, Zgorzelec. After dinner you walk together with a night watchman who entertains listeners with original and creepy stories from old Goerlitz. Overnight at selected hotel.
Day 6: Görlitz - Dresden - Munich
After an early breakfast depart to Dresden for a short guided tour of “The Florence on the Elbe” with the world famous Frauenkirche, Semperoper and the Zwinger Museum. Then transfer to Munich. Check-in to the hotel, dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Munich and Bavaria Film Studios
You start with a 3-hour sightseeing tour of Munich with the Frauenkirche, the Viktualienmarkt, the Olympic Stadium, BMW Welt, and Nymphenburg Castle. In the early afternoon transfer to the Bavaria Film Studios. A 1.5 hour tour gives you a good overview of the attractions. Transfer back to Munich at the agreed time. In the evening transfer to a local German Brauhaus for dinner in typical Bavarian atmosphere. Transfer back to the hotel and overnight.
Note about film studios:
Due to the nature of the industry, last minute changes in filming schedules may occasionally restrict visitors’ access.
Day 8: Recreation in Munich
Full day tour to Hohenschwangau to visit the famous fairy tale castle Neuschwanstein. Dinner and overnight at the hotel booked.
Day 9: Munich - Return
Transfer to Munich Airport and flight back to the USA or stay 2 days longer…
- 7 nights
- 7x breakfast buffet (cold / warm)
- 7x dinner as a 3-course meal or buffet incl. Ice water on the tables
- Bus for all transfer rides lt. Program (changing entrepreneurs)
- English speaking tour guide * from / to airport incl. Accommodation and meals
- English speaking guide for a city tour in Berlin, about 4 hours (guidance by the tour guide)
- English speaking guide for sightseeing, about 1.5 hours. Babelsberg Film Studios
- English speaking guide for a 6 hour toour Görlitz-Zgorzelec
- Tour with the night watchman in Görlitz
- Visit The Holy grave incl. Guidance in Görlitz
- The entrance to the Holy grave in Görlitz
- English speaking guide for about 2 hour guided tour in Dresden
- English speaking guide for a 3-hour city tour around Munich
- Admission to the English film studios in Babelsberg incl. Audio guide
- Admission to the Bavaria Film Studios (incl. 90-minute guided tour, 4D cinema and Bullyversum)
- Dinner in a typical restaurant in Munich, 3-course menu incl. 1/2 liters of beer (or soft drink)